Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Love for one another by loving God

Jesus told us this in John 13:35; "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NLT)  I wonder if "all [humanity] know we are Jesus disciples?  Do we love one another?  Within the local and/or national denominational group; I have spent time in both the Southern Baptist family and I am currently part of the American Baptist family.  If one attends a Region or National (Bi-annual) gathering, at least a few years back, does it show our love of one another?

Jesus also said in Matthew 22:37,  "You must love the Lord your God will all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind." (NLT)  I  wonder if this is not the way to do John 13:35?  If we truly love God, would we not develop a love one another?  Maybe not immediately but soon after we, by God's grace, developed a love for God.   Which I wonder if would not develop into a love for the not-yet-christians in our lives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment