Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wondering some more

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. ~ Psalm 103:8, NLT

When I saw this verse in my E-mail this morning, my first thought was is this our image of God as his children and is it the image the world, the not-yet-christians, has of God?  In both case I think the answer is no.   For the not-yet-christians I think it is a fear, as well as a message given, at least in times past, of God being "out to get you!"  The image of "God sending people to Hell".  This may be the same thing that causes God's kids to not think of God in this way.  Just wondering way before I even had a chance to wander today!

Another thought came as I wrote; why are we as God's kids not acting like our Daddy.  Being compassionate, merciful, slow to anger (been in a church board meeting or business meeting lately?) and filled with UNFAILING love?   Again simply wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment